What is a Training Management System?
A training management system (TMS) is a software platform designed to automate and streamline the process of training and development within an organization. It helps to manage all aspects of employee training, including planning, scheduling, tracking, reporting, and assessment.
A TMS provides a centralized platform for managing training activities, including classroom training, e-learning, and on-the-job training. It allows organizations to develop and deliver training programs that are aligned with their business objectives and employee development goals.
Selecting a Training Management System
- Functionality: Identify the features and capabilities that you need in a TMS, such as training content management, scheduling and tracking, performance evaluation, compliance management, and reporting and analytics.
- User interface and ease of use: Evaluate the TMS’s user interface and ease of use, ensuring that the system is intuitive and easy to navigate for both administrators and users.
- Integration: Check if the TMS can integrate with other systems or software you are using, such as learning management systems (LMS), human resource information systems (HRIS), and customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- Security: Make sure that the TMS has robust security measures in place to protect sensitive training data, such as encryption, access controls, and audit trails.
- Scalability: Consider whether the TMS can grow with your organization’s needs, such as adding new users, courses, or locations.
- Support and training: Evaluate the level of support and training offered by the vendor, such as online resources, user forums, and technical support.
- Cost: Consider the pricing structure of the TMS, including licensing fees, implementation costs, and ongoing maintenance and support costs.
Implementing a Training Management System (TMS)
- Define your objectives: Define the goals and objectives of the TMS implementation, such as improving employee performance, increasing productivity, and reducing training costs.
- Assess your needs: Conduct a needs assessment to identify the features and functionalities that you need in the TMS, such as training content management, scheduling and tracking, performance evaluation, compliance management, and reporting and analytics.
- Select a TMS: Select a TMS that meets your organization’s needs and requirements, taking into account the factors mentioned in the previous answer.
- Develop a project plan: Develop a project plan that outlines the tasks, timelines, and responsibilities for implementing the TMS, including data migration, software configuration, and user training.
- Configure the system: Configure the TMS according to your organization’s requirements, such as setting up training courses, creating user accounts, and defining user roles and permissions.
- Test the system: Test the TMS thoroughly to ensure that it functions properly and meets your organization’s needs, including testing the user interface, reporting features, and integration with other systems.
- Train users: Train the users on how to use the TMS, including how to access training content, track progress, and complete assessments.
- Monitor and evaluate: Monitor the system’s performance and evaluate its effectiveness in meeting your organization’s objectives, making adjustments and improvements as needed.
QIT Training Management System is a fully customizable and configurable web-based to manage online training and offline training to ensure compliance. By implementing QIT’s TMS and following these steps, you can implement a TMS that helps your organization to streamline its training and development processes, reduce costs, and improve employee performance by providing a centralized, automated, and secure platform for managing employee training and development.
- Online and offline training e.g. ISO9001/14001/13485, Safety, EHS training, etc.
- Long-distance, multi-location and supplier training
- English, Chinese, Spanish, French and Arabic
- Tablets support – iPad, Nexus, Kindle, Windows pad and more
An intuitive tool to manage documents to ensure compliance
- Global Collaboration – publishing, accessing online training and uploading offline training records from around the world
- Increased Audit Preparedness – keeping training records, self-assessment, training results, and employee competency reviews in one centralized place
- Increased Efficiency – automated training life cycle management from preparation, training records, assessment and rating, and all the way to employees’ competency management
- Reduced Training Cost – reducing training cost and traveling cost by using online training
- Automatically logging training start time, duration and document download times for online training
- Fully integrated with QIT Document Control and other modules in QIT QMS package
- Customizable to fit customer’s requirements
- A cost-effective document control solution
Customizable and Easy to Implement
- Windows, iOS, and Android compatible
- Cross-browser – IE/Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari
- Tablets support – iPad, Nexus, Kindle and more
- Hosting the program on QIT’s secured server (SaaS)
- Multi-language user interface (English, Chinese, Spanish, French and Arabic)
- We will work with each new client to customize forms and reports
60-Day Money Back Guarantee
We are confident to provide the best quality software products that will bring you value more than you paid for it. If however, you are not satisfied for any reason, just contact us within 60 days of purchase, and we will refund you the full value of the purchase. No questions asked.
Still couldn’t find the features that you are seeking?
Please contact us! We will work with you and develop the functions for you.
“I have highly recommended QIT’s software and services to others within the corporation and will continue to recommend QIT!” – Marcella