What is a Supplier Management System?
A supplier management system (SMS) is a software platform designed to manage and optimize the relationships between an organization and its suppliers. An SMS provides a centralized platform for managing supplier information, performance, and communication and enables organizations to streamline their procurement processes, reduce costs, and improve supplier performance.
Some of the key features of an SMS include:
- Supplier database management: An SMS enables organizations to manage a centralized database of supplier information, including contact details, products and services offered, certifications and qualifications, and pricing information.
- Supplier performance management: An SMS provides tools for monitoring and measuring supplier performance, including tracking key performance indicators (KPIs), conducting supplier evaluations, and managing supplier contracts.
- Supplier collaboration: An SMS enables organizations to collaborate with their suppliers on procurement processes, such as requesting quotes, submitting purchase orders, and tracking order status.
- Supplier risk management: An SMS provides tools for identifying and managing supplier risks, such as financial stability, compliance, and quality control.
- Reporting and analytics: An SMS provides reporting and analytics tools that enable organizations to track supplier performance and identify areas for improvement.
Selecting a Supplier Management System
- Functionality: Consider the features and functionality offered by the SMS, such as supplier database management, supplier performance management, supplier collaboration, and reporting and analytics. Determine which features are essential to your organization and ensure that the SMS you select has those features.
- Integration: Consider whether the SMS can integrate with other systems used by your organization, such as procurement software, ERP systems, and financial systems. Integration can improve the efficiency of your procurement processes and ensure data consistency across systems.
- User experience: Consider the usability of the SMS, including the user interface, navigation, and ease of use. A user-friendly system can improve adoption rates and user satisfaction.
- Scalability: Consider whether the SMS can scale to meet the needs of your organization as it grows and expands. A scalable system can save time and costs associated with system replacement and upgrades.
- Security: Consider the security features of the SMS, such as data encryption, access controls, and user authentication. Ensure that the SMS has the necessary security features to protect your organization’s sensitive data.
- Cost: Consider the cost of the SMS, including implementation costs, licensing fees, and ongoing maintenance costs. Determine the total cost of ownership of the SMS and ensure that it fits within your organization’s budget.
- Vendor support: Consider the quality of support and service offered by the SMS vendor, including training and technical support. Ensure that the vendor has a good reputation for customer support and that their support services meet your organization’s needs.
Implementing a supplier management system (SMS)
- Define the scope: Define the scope of the SMS implementation project, including the objectives, stakeholders, and timeline. Ensure that the project scope aligns with your organization’s overall procurement strategy and goals.
- Select the right system: Select an SMS that meets your organization’s needs and has the necessary functionality, scalability, and security features. Ensure that the system is compatible with your existing IT infrastructure and can integrate with other systems as needed.
- Develop a project plan: Develop a detailed project plan that outlines the implementation steps, timelines, milestones, and responsibilities. Assign roles and responsibilities to project team members and ensure that everyone is aware of their duties and timelines.
- Data migration and integration: Ensure that all necessary supplier data is migrated into the SMS, such as supplier information, contracts, and pricing data. Ensure that the SMS is integrated with other systems, such as ERP and financial systems, as needed.
- Configuration and customization: Configure the SMS to meet your organization’s specific needs and customize the system as needed. Ensure that the SMS workflows and processes align with your organization’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Testing and validation: Test the SMS to ensure that it meets the requirements and objectives defined in the project plan. Conduct user acceptance testing (UAT) and ensure that all issues and bugs are addressed and resolved.
- Training and user adoption: Provide training to users on how to use the SMS, including supplier onboarding, supplier management, and reporting and analytics. Ensure that users are aware of the benefits of the SMS and encourage user adoption.
- Ongoing maintenance and support: Ensure that the SMS is maintained and supported on an ongoing basis, including software updates, bug fixes, and technical support. Regularly review and evaluate the SMS to ensure that it continues to meet your organization’s needs.
QIT Supplier Management System
is a fully customizable and configurable web-based software to manage suppliers, report, and monitor supplier performance. By implementing QIT Supplier Management System, you can have an SMS that meets the needs of your organization and helps to optimize your supplier management processes.
- A web-based solution that consolidates global Orders/POs and tracks orders progress and status
- A mobile APP that manages shipment inspections and generates inspection reports automatically
- A quality assurance system that converts supplier quality issues to cost-saving opportunities
- Tracking PO status, inspection status, supplier PPM, Supplier NCR, On-time Rate, etc.
- English, Chinese, Spanish, French and Arabic
QIT Global Supply Chain Management System
- A web-based supply chain management solution for OEM/ODM manufacturer and manufacturing companies
- Storing and managing PO and inspection standards/product spec
- Tracking PO status, inspection status, supplier PPM, On-time Rate, etc.
- Managing supplier performance data and sharing the information for users from around the world
- Sharing your concerns and monitoring your suppliers’ improvement activities in real-time
- Multi-language user interface (English, Chinese, Spanish, French and Arabic) for swift implementation
Improve Productivity and Reduce Cost
- Entering inspection records once and sharing them seamlessly with suppliers or internal users
- Importing data from ERP/MRP system
- Generating complete supplier Monthly PPM Reports and On-time Delivery Report in just a few clicks
- Automatically creating an inspection plan and the sampling plan based on ISO2859-1/MIL-STD-105E
- Supplier SCAR to track resolutions and cost for supplier NCR
Customizable and Easy to Implement
- Flexible and customizable and workflow-driven solution
- Windows, iOS, and Android compatible
- Cross-browser – IE/Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari
- Tablets support – iPad, Nexus, Kindle and more
- Hosting the program on QIT’s secured server (SaaS)
- Multi-language user interface (English, Chinese, Spanish, French and Arabic)
- We will work with each new client to customize forms and reports
60-Day Money Back Guarantee
We are confident to provide the best quality software products that will bring you value more than you paid for it. If however, you are not satisfied for any reason, just contact us within 60 days of purchase, and we will refund you the full value of the purchase. No questions asked.
Still couldn’t find the features that you are seeking?
Please contact us! We will work with you and develop the functions for you.
“I am very happy with QIT’s product and service. After using the full database for over a year and a half, I am confident that the software has answered all of our requirements.” – Marcella